You’ll hear me bash on banks once in a while. There is good reason for that. However NOT ALL BANKS ARE CREATED EQUAL.
Hopefully you have a nice emergency fund by now. Well, where are you keeping it? Chances are, you could be earning a higher interest rate. Banks are the best place to hold your cash for the long haul. Secure, reliable, and great customer service.
Gone are the days of physically going into a bank to open up a new account.
I have hand selected the following banks. They are known for they exceptional customer service record, offer attractive rates and have a long standing history of ethical behavior. You can’t go wrong with any of these.
- EverBank Yield Pledge Checking. Six Month Bonus Rate of 1.40% with First Year APY of .93%
- Checking Accounts, Money Market Deposit Accounts, Certificates of Deposit and Savings Accounts Are All Protected by FDIC Insurance
- Open Accounts in Multiple Ownership Categories to Increase Your FDIC Coverage
- EverBank’s Current Assets Total $7.6 Billion
- EverBank’s Current Deposits Total More Than $5 Billion.
Here’s my take:Do you like guarantees? I know I do. That’s where EverBank comes in. They offer a rate guarantee that promises that your rate will be in the top 5% of the leading national banks. To sweeten the deal, they are also offering a sign up bonus. To take advantage of the benefits that EverBank offers, you’ll need $1,500 to open an account. A minor setback but well worth it in the end. EverBank is a bank you can rely on for life.
- PerkStreet Financial offers up to 2% cash back on debit card purchases one of the best debit card rewards programs in America!
- Earn 2% when your Account balance is $5k+, or earn 1% when your Account balance is less than $5k
- The average American will earn $600 every year in cash back
- A great tool to improve your financial life use your cash back to pay down your debt faster, save for your future, give back to others or just have some fun
- No cap on the amount of rewards you can earn plus no annual fee
- No monthly fees when you use your account
- Free online banking and bill pay
- Easy electronic transfers
- 24/7 customer support
- FDIC-insured deposits, up to $250,000
Here’s my take:Looking for an all inclusive checking account? Then PerkStreet Financial will be your new home. I love how they are always thinking ahead of the pack. It shows with their blog with article on a wide range of subjects. One you join, you get the sense that they are there every step of the way and are in it for the long haul. They also offer some great rates alongside cash cash for debit card purchases. Right now, PerkStreet is numero uno in the world of banks.
Discover Online SavingsAccount
- The Discover Online Savings Account Pays 5X the National Rate
- Make Fast and Free Online Money Transfers
- 24/7 Live Customer Service Available
- FDIC-Insured for up to $250,000 Per Depositor
Here’s my take:I love Discover’s motto, “A better way to save.” With savings rates around five times the national average, you can’t go wrong with Discover Bank. Not only is Discover Bank a great place to start saving but they offer educational tools. Their application process is super simple and you feel as if Discover is there to help you every step of the way.